Last Updated 3/31/2019
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Qcera, Inc., doing business as Qcera (“we”, “us”, or “our”). Qcera is committed to protecting our client’s employee data, your personal information, and rights to privacy. The employee data in LeaveSource (Qcera’s SaaS Service) is our client’s employee data and does not belong to Qcera. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to handling of personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information Do We Collect
Information automatically collected
Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected through our Apps
We may collect information regarding your geo-location, mobile device, push notifications, when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
Information collected from other sources
In connection with the services Qcera provides, we may collect information when any user interacts with LeaveSource regarding an employee’s case such as employee name, address, work IDs, employment information, username and passwords.
We collect information when user accounts are setup by the client users and employees.
We collect data when clients transfer data files into the LeaveSource system such as employee ID, employee names, address, employees date of birth and other employment information.
Our sites and services may change over time and we may add new features that collect different type of information.
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties such as trade show organizers. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
How Do We Use Your Information
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract clients, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process any personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with clients, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. We may use employee name, address, phone number, email address and other data to facilitate account registration and logon.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use data we collected to send you important service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites or Apps.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites or Apps, products, services, and your experience.
Will Your Information be shared with anyone?
We only share information, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, to fulfill business obligations or as directed by you with your consent.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process a client’s data if we have specific client consent to use their information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interest: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with a client who is your employer, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
When you visit our websites, we may place a cookie on your browser and/or device, which collects information about your online activities over time and across different sites. Cookies allow us to track usage, determine your browsing preferences and improve your browsing experience.
We also use web beacons on our websites and in email communications. For example, we may place web beacons in emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Such technologies are used to operate and improve our websites and email communications.
The following describes how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies and your options for managing the data collection settings of these technologies:
|Type of cookies||Description|
Required cookies are necessary for basic website functionality. Some examples include session cookies needed to transmit the website, authentication cookies, and security cookies.
If you have chosen to identify yourself to us, we may place on your browser a cookie that allows us to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the websites and to process your online transactions and requests.
Functional cookies enhance functions, performance, and services on the website. Some examples include cookies used to analyze site traffic and cookies used for market research.
Functional cookies may also be used to improve how our websites function and to help us provide you with more relevant communications, including marketing communications. These cookies collect information about how our websites are used, including which pages are viewed most often.
We may use our own technology or third-party technology to track and analyze usage information to provide enhanced interactions and more relevant communications.
For example, we use Google Analytics ("Google Analytics"), a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/?partners/
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do We Collect Information From Minors?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Qcera’s Sites, Apps and services provided are targeted only for employers and employees of those employers residing in the United States of America. If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, because we are a service provided to you through your employer, you must notify your employer immediately to contact us. You should also contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Controls For Do-Not-Track Features
Do California Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. Please be assured we DO NOT disclose to third parties any information whatsoever for marketing or advertising purposes.
Do We Make Updates To This Policy?
Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Qcera Security Officer by email at email@example.com, or by post to:
Qcera Security Officer
11041 Santa Monica Blvd, Unit #818
Los Angeles, CA 90025